Hornby Railmaster

Hello. What is everyones thoughts ref the Hornby Railmaster? Im curently using Digitrax and am contemplating making the move if it does what it says Thanks Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

Always said would never pay for something like this but would write it myself. However since seeing the spec of Railmaster have changed mind as its so good, will continue building locos and get copy of it.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

To what extent is Elite Hornby specific? Have they submitted for NMRA compliance? No reason why they should, I just wondered.

Reply to
Graham Harrison

I would not move from Digitrax to Hornby if you gave me the Hornby kit for free!

Use the free JMRI or Rocrail software with your Digitrax kit instead. If you really want to pay for software, look at RR&Co.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

The video looks good pity the picture for the 50 was a 56. I wonder if the reference to touch screen means they are going to bring it out for iPad as well, much as there is an iPhone/touch app for JMRI control.

Reply to
Chris

I would not move from Digitrax to Hornby if you gave me the Hornby kit for free!

Use the free JMRI or Rocrail software with your Digitrax kit instead. If you really want to pay for software, look at RR&Co.

MBQ

Do they have the 'programming facility' for sending a sequence of commands to locos, points etc ? Also the record/playback facility ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D

Thats a good question, So do they?

Reply to
Rob Kemp

Thats a good question, So do they?

Well according to Hornby's own Youtube submission ...

Regards,

Griff

Reply to
Griffo

Question was does anyone other than Hornby have it, but thanks for that link, shows just how easy it is to use. Especially impressed with record then display/edit command sequence. True thats how it should be but not everyone gets it right.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

If you have a touch screen PC then you can run any program with the touchscreen. It just simulates mouse clicks. If the program GUI has very small clickable elements then fat fingers may be a problem :-)

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D

Don't know about Rocrail, but In JMRI you can write scripts to do anything you want. I think there is also a route setting widget.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Don't know about Rocrail, but In JMRI you can write scripts to do anything you want. I think there is also a route setting widget.

MBQ

Read about someones experiences with those on the Hornby forum. He was very positive, thanking the JMRI team for their help with what he described as a hugely rewarding complex task. Doesnt appear to be quite as user friendly or simple as that of Railmaster.. Of course they may provide such functionality sometime in the future, but they would struggle to make it easier than Railmaster (yes am impressed with Rail....).

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

I can see a few accidents on imperfect layouts though with dirty track and loco wheels throwing the timings out. I wonder if you can integrate train detection and point detection rather than just simple timing of activities. It's looks very easy to use much in the same way as the Mimic system for Zero One was.

Reply to
Chris