Trolley wire

I've come across Dapol and Viessmann systems for Catenary operation with pantographs (and maybe bow collectors?). There's another German system I forget the name of.

The Viessmann system is the only one I've looked at closely and while it looks as though it will do the business for a pantograph the trolley wire is not continuous so it won't work with a trolley poll. All the trolley pole type systems I've admired at exhibitions have looked as though they are home made.

Does anyone supply a ready made system for trolley pole wire? If it makes any significant difference I'm looking to run a Con Cor North Shore Electroliner but, to be honest, I've got such a mixture of bits to run on my railway it won't really matter to me if it's a system from anywhere in the world. Oh, and it has to be simple to set up! And last, if it could also be used to run pantograph equipped locomotives that would be brilliant (but I'm not expecting miracles).

I am NOT expecting to energise anything I may put up.

Reply to
Graham Harrison

I don't recall a system that is open the boxes and put them together for trolley wire. Many years ago I purchased some etched fittings for the wire support ears and frogs etc for making up some overhead. PC Models manufactured it then. This site is one of the best for listing the small component suppliers in the UK who do Tram parts.

'll have to click on the right bits of the ticket menu . The parts I bought are now made by somebody else listed on there. ISTR you are across the pond and the chap who does P87 is listed as a supplier. He also supplies a scale track system which I think started life with PC models and has crossed the pond. I still have some unused packs for the original.
worth a look both track and overhead. One important thing with trolley poles is with frogs that in 00/H0 are two small to actally have a switch bit you have to rely on the position of the frog and the pull of the trolley pole itself to follow the right route. It's often easier to give up trying to have facing junctions and just have trailing ones which is far easier. Facing will work but generally with cars that have identical turning characteristics and length of pole so the pull is always in the same place.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Great stuff. Thank you.