Call Trolley Pole A Pantograph and Trolley Car A Tram

At the 2013, 25th Festival of Model Tramways at Fairfield Halls, The Arnhem Gallery, Croydon, Surrey, Britain on July 20th 2013, I had a discussion with at
least two exhibitionists about why cannot the 'trolley pole' on a tram not be referred to as the 'pantograph' as I felt both are joining to a power wire overhead?
I put this question because the word 'trolley' has the negative meaning word 'troll' which means demon etc in it. I also felt that the word 'trolley car' used for a tram in United State of America, is also negative meaning due to the word 'troll' meaning demon etc in it.
The two exhibitionists I recall felt 'trolley pole' and 'pantograph' were two different things. I rejected this and am still not able to accept this. I prefer the word 'pantograph' be used for 'trolley pole' and instead of 'trolley car' the word 'tram' should be used. Because the function and principle is more or less the same, the word 'pantograph' be used for 'trolley pole'.
There is a proprietary and commercial reason I feel as the reason for not calling a 'trolley pole', a 'pantograph'. From a visual perspective, both are joining to the power wire overhead. The 'trolley pole' or should I call it now a 'pantograph', is visually better from an aesthetic point of view where there is only an aerial pole sort of pantograph in comparison to the monster-industrial-looking-pantograph. This aerial pole sort of pantograph (previously stupidly referred to a the trolley pole) defines the tram, the different shape or the monster-industrial-looking-pantograph is very ugly visually.
I therefore cannot ever consider monster-industrial-looking-pantograph for a tram, they should not be incorporated into town and village and city landscape, only the aerial-pole sort of pantograph should be used on the tram, nor could I ever consider calling a tram anything other than a tram and neither calling the aerial pole sort of pantograph with a nonsense word.
Prabhupada (Hare कrishna Founder) signaled automated initiations via diecasted Tram Modelling in November 1977 however this order has not been followed by the usurpers(thieves). The time that has elapsed since the usurpers (thieves) in the Hare कrishna Movement removed the Hare कrishna Founder: His Divine Grace A C Bhaकtivedanta Swami Prabhupada from spiritually being the initiating spiritual master contrary to his wishes:
(calculated to October 12 2013)
Constitution of Association July 7 1966: 47years 3months 5days
Direction of Management July 28 1970: 43years 2months 14days
"May 28 1977" Conversation: 36years 4months 14days
Last Will excl. Codicil June 4 1977: 36years 4months 8days
"July 9 1977" Letter: 36years 3months 3days
Last bio-physical day "November 14 1977": 35years 10months 28days
http://Kalphabet.googlepages.com http://alterKproject.googlepages.com http://www.archive.org/details/BbtFont http://EnglandandWales.googlepages.com http://HareRam.Gov.googlepages.com http://sites.google.com/site/PancaTattvaMovement
--
(c) Copyright Meeकu / Meeku, son of कrishan / Krishan. woney.org @gmail.com.
All Right Reserved Worldwide.

Accept it or not, they are two vastly different pieces of equipment that just happen to perform the same function. An analogy would be with a gasoline engine and a diesel engine - they both create propulsion, but do so in a different way.
Trolley poles must track the overhead wire, and thus are susceptible to dewirements. A wire frog is needed when routes branch or combine to allow the wire to track properly, and the overhead wire needs to be hung in a way that minimizes side-to-side deviation.
Pantographs make contact with the overhead wire and have a wide surface in which to do so, and this virtually eliminates dewirements. No wire frogs are needed, and it is even possible to have a diverging route whos wire does not actually connect with the main route, but merely comes close together to allow the surface of the pantograph to make contact with both before diverging. For medium to higher speeds, the overhead wire must stagger from side to side in order to prevent it from cutting a groove in the contact plate of the pantograph.
With speed limitations, overhead wiring can be made compatible for both trolley poles and pantographs.
The streetcar network in Toronto has always used trolley poles, but a new generation of vehicles will be pantograph equipped. Part of the reason for this is the fact that the larger vehicles draw more current, which is not an issue with pantographs, but requires the use of a very long pick-up shoe on trolley poles. At this point in time, very few routes are completely pantograph-compatible, and the prototype vehicles currently under test are equipped with both a pantograph and a trolley pole.
At the current time, streetcars equipped with a trolley pole can go anywhere on the network without problems. If a pantograph-equipped vehicle were to attempt to do this, a great deal of the overhead wiring would be torn down by the pantograph.
So no, the two are not the same.
--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
"Unusual or extreme reactions to events caused by negligence
On 2013-10-18 11:25 AM, Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:

Besides, they _look_ different. ;-)
--
Best,
Wolf K
On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 11:25:57 -0400, Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:

You're bothering to respond to some ding-a-ling who pollutes every post with a bunch of Hare Krishna nonsense? Why? Let him play missionary (or troll) somewhere else.
--
This message was for rec.woodworking - if it appears in homeownershub
they ripped it off.

I understood from the beginning that someone posting using the name "Meeku the son of Krishan" could be nothing short of an asshole. I reject any assessment to the contrary. ;-)
The subject wording caught my eye and the details I posted were intended for any onlookers.