trolley

Gentlemen,
In usual place I have put some pics of pre welded trolley for Lister L, also
sent copies to Peter for Restoration site.
Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Gentlemen,
Critism greatly received as I am bound to have missed something obvious.
Martin P
Camp> Gentlemen,
Reply to
Campingstoveman
What restoration site? I am new to all this so would welcome the web address.
Thanks and Happy New Year to you all
Andrew
Reply to
Andrew
We have made a site available for folks to post their projects on.
I have space reserved for Kim, Martin and a couple of others, let me know if you want the same. It's free... You need to get together pictures and text of your latest and greatest so we can put it on there with the others. There is no immediate space restriction for pictures or text.
Site address is
but there is no connection to what is inside, yet.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk
Prepair Ltd
I have long thought that a new wheel hub for a lightweight trailer - available new from Towsure, cast steel hub with 25.5,mm (1") diameter taper bearings complete with four wheel nuts. (4" PCD). - £14.95
H74. Pressed steel hub with 20mm diameter ball race bearings. £10.95
would make an excellent steerable axle pivot for a heavy engine. Everything is done for you and the bolt holes could be used to lock the steering axle in a number of positions by the simple action of dropping a suitable sized eye bolt into the hole.
The bearing is easy to rotate about its axis, of course, and will not rust together like two flat steel plates.
Just a thought .............
Regards,
Kim Siddorn
Reply to
Kim Siddorn
Kim, Forgot to mention that there is/will be a thin sheet of self lubricating Nylon between the two discs and being a tight sort of gentleman I barter with my friends and obtain steal or borrow all I need. No money ever parts company if I can avoid it.:-)) All you see except for my time cost me nothing, only favours.
Martin P
Kim Siddorn wrote:
Reply to
Campingstoveman
We blagged a big disc of Teflon for the R&H trolley, but have lost that source now our PCB factory has closed :-((
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk
Prepair Ltd
My source is still healthy, its nylotron i'm using.
Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman
£14.95 ? What extravagance ! 8-)
My ejector seat swivel chair uses the front hub from a Saab. I'm now after front hubs and brake disks from a Volvo 740 to make a windmill generator. Scrap's the stuff, not shopping !
Reply to
Andy Dingley
Andy,
I'm sure Kim can help you with Volvo spares, he breeds them :-))
Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman
I prefer the term Recycling.