Lister trolley

Evening all.
I thought i'd let you know what we've been up to this week, as its kind
of quiet at the mo.
Finally we dont have to look at that awfull trolley that the q type
arrived on anymore.
The materials have been here for a while now so I thought it was time
we had a crack at it.
We used some 5 by 2 channel for the main frame, cut it all to lenth and
set it out on the floor, tacked it together remeasured and seam welded
it together.
Next we had to decide how to do the axles, we had some large cast
wheels we aquired early last year, but two stub axles were bent, and
all four were siezed in the wheel, after lots of penetrateing fluid and
gentle heating eventually they all freed off.
The two bent stubs were heated up cherry red and straitend with a big
hammer :-)).
At this point I was unsure of how to fix the round stub shafts to the
flat channel,
a hunt in the workshop yealed some offcuts of 2 by 2inch thick wall box
section, and after dressing the stub with an angle grinder the stub was
tapped into the box section and welded in place, then the box was
welded to the channel. and a flat 2inch plate welded on across to box
for extra strength.
A turn table was fashoned from some 10mm flat plate that was lying
around and a 16mm bolt is used as the axle pivot for now and will be
replaced for a larger one soon, the rear axle was fixed on using four
12mm bolts, with all this completed, the engine could be fitted to the
trolly, easy'er said than done with an engine of this size.
The original skids are still under the engine and are in good condition
and will stay between the engine and new trolley.
Trolley jacks were placed under the skids and used to lift the up the
front of the engine, and the trolley placed under the edge, the rear
was then jacked up with another jack to just past level and a strap was
placed around the engine block, and a winch was attached.
The other end of the winch was connected to the front of the new
trolley and the two winched together, this left us with about two feet
to go, it was moved the rest of the way with a long lever.
By this time it was getting dark and bloody cold so thats as far as we
got.
Pics at

Regards Gary M
Reply to
gary millward
Gary, Us daft buggers who will have large lumps of cast to lug about :-))
I been busy this last week creating browny points and making a few beer tokens in the process. I had three visits from some nice gentlemen who relieved me of some of my in stock items :-)) I have now reclaimed about fifteen feet of my driveway by selling a Bamford Grain Crusher to two very nice gents who run the Bamford Rally, a Cement mixer with a duff engine and a nice gent who bought a Petter AII from me. All sold on good old EBay. My good lady has seen through my cunning plan as I am as of this afternoon the temporary custodian of a Lister G1 Generator Set, its currently in all of my trailer and some hanging out of the front. I forgot to mention to its new owner that it was put in the trailer by a large Tele Lift so his forklift better have extender forks or we will have fun getting it out :-)) I would suggest it is not a light lump by any means. I also have sitting on my front lawn, lost some browny points for that, a trailer which is to become a permanent base for the Lister M and if it wasn't for the fact that we are visiting family on the 25th and 26th of this month I would be starting to make it fit for the road :-)) The place I collected the G1 from, wife came along for the ride or was it to make sure I didn't buy anything, is a yard behind a house about six acres in area and full of all sorts of junk that would make our mouths water for hours. Anyway I have a small area in my garage to clear then I can start on my winter project.
Martin P
gary millward wrote:
Reply to
Campingstoveman
I wish I had the space for such a big project like that lovely lister My shed is full with the Jap 4/3 a Bsa 320 A Petter A2
I also braved the cold today and fashioned a new silencer for the petter out of some alluminium water pipe and a screw on baffle it is a bit rusty but a new one is in the post so I can put the rusty one back on the Jap
Merry christmas
Steve
Reply to
The wild eye
Forget to show the link for the obligitory pic
too much red wine in my system I think
Reply to
The wild eye
We all start small, then it gets out of hand :-))
Martin P
The wild eye wrote:
Reply to
Campingstoveman
as they say on "Breaking news"...." let's not go there" :-) Incidentally I pray that the purveyors of the "real" News programmes have taken the point of this truly wonderful spoof. ttfn Roland
Reply to
Roland Craven
I will get my wife to vet everything I write to stop you buggers turn it around :-))
Martin P
Roland Craven wrote:
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Steve, I started out with a two stroke villiers engine, in fact its still here, but I count myself very lucky to have the space for the larger engines, though I seem to be forever commuting engines two and fro to the farm at this time of year I need to get cars in the workshop in the week at this time of year to fund my hobby, but it keeps me out of the pub :-))
Regards Gary
Reply to
gary millward
Do that and she will know exactly what your up to before you do:-))
Andy M
Reply to
Andy Milestone
Are you try breed Lister G's, you seem to be collecting a few at the moment:-))
Andy M
Reply to
Andy Milestone
The one I own is not fit to breed yet and the other wont be here long enough to try :-))
Martin P
Andy Milest> Are you try breed Lister G's, you seem to be collecting a few at the > moment:-))
Reply to
Campingstoveman