Lamp irons\brackets

Could anyone recommend a good, reasonable value source for lamp irons suitable for diesel locos? I'm imagining just bending up a bit of scrap brass and soldering into shape would do the job, but are there any more detailed etched examples out there?

Any help much appreciated!

Justin Colson

Reply to
Justin Colson

I can't think of any off the top of my head but would offer the opinion that bending some up out of fine wire (staples?) will give you a better and cheaper version. A modern lamp iron is going to be very small an etching.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

I don't know about etchings but I use cut banbi staples for all my lamp irons. Simple and cheap not as fine as an etching but looks ok to me.

regards

Graham

Reply to
Graham 'Muz'