Hornby 8F

Just to say again how very good this model is. It is far and away the smoothest runner on my layout, and its low speed control is superb. It's just a pity that fitting the decoder is such a cow!

Thanks to all who recommended it.

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote

Why is that a problem?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Lenz decoders don't fit inside the body. Or at least, none of mine will.

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Guy, Try a TCS M1. It's the smallest I have ever used and would fit the smoke box area fine!

Andy

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

Thanks - will do.

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Fits a treat, thanks.

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Smoothish, needs t=weking for slow speed running (which was better using the Lenz decoder, but there are lots of CVs to play with yet).

I use the Lenz controller. I've been very pleased with it in general, but after two transformer failures I bought a third-party one. The kids use it OK.

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?