Speaker for Proto2000 GP30?

I've got a Proto 2000 GP30 that I'm trying to install sound in. I'm having trouble figuring out what speaker I need to install, and where to install
it. Does anyone have any experience with this or a similar unit?
Puckdropper

Puckdropper wrote:

This is an older model, the current Proto 2000 lineup does not include the low-nose GP30. AFAIK, there is no drop-in sound decoder or speaker for it. You will have to machine away some of the weight and/or frame (in the fuel tank area, IIRC) to make space for the decoder and speaker.
The current GP30 model (Proto 1000, high nose N&W, offered by Walthers, who bought LifeLike a couple of years ago) comes with DCC and sound. If you can get the decoder and speaker separately, that may be a starting point for your planned conversion.
HTH.
--
Wolf Kirchmeir

Thanks for the information. I'll decide which speaker I want to use and have a friend mill out a spot for it. There's a decoder available that's a replacement for the existing lighting board, so that's taken care of.
Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as
some writers are incorrigible.