Liquid Lead / "solidifying" it

Hi all,

I've finally managed to get hold of some liquid lead (the little lead shot stuff). I want to put some into the front smoke box of one of my loco's, but don't know how to get it to stick.

Any suggestions as to what glue can stick lead to plastic without distorting the plastic?

Ian

Reply to
Ian Cornish

"Ian Cornish" wrote

I've used 5-minute epoxy resin in the past.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Ian Cornish wrote in news:GPydnRg snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.net.uk:

Pour molton candle wax over it.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

On 26/03/2006 19:57, Ian Cornish said,

PVA

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Just treat it like ballast, use PVA.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Agree with others PVA is best. FYI if you use the green PVA it is water soluble therefore if you want to remove some it is possible by immersing in water. Blue PVA is water proof. I like the candel wax idea for white metal / brass, but would worry about the temparature with some modern plastics, but that could just be me being paranoid.

Reply to
64Magnette