Lloyds TV commercial...

What is that train/trainset they show? Looks like a computer simulation but whatever it is I want one.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

I don't know what it is, but it looks like a Japanese bullet train..

On a slightly different point, it must be made by Hornby, Dapol and Bachmann because the couplings come apart as soon as it hits a set of points! :-)

Regards Mark

Reply to
Scruff

Someone has uploaded it to Youtube...

It looks like a freelance "futuristic/retro" train perhaps inspired by the Japanese bullet trains.

Reply to
Dave Fossett

A bit 500 Series-ish? Or an ICE3 that's been stretched.

And is that the Dear Leader of North Korea on the train at the start?

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

I prefer the other advert with the boy and his pet croc.

The man on the train looks like Sir Clive and the train itself looks like a converted Sinclair C5.

Talking of TV adverts was there ever a follow up to the Hornby one with the banana ?

Chris B

Reply to
Dragon Heart

banana? I remember something about 'the flying helmet and the wet celery' ;o)

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

It's got to be a Bachmann by the way the couplings keep breaking!

Reply to
jasper_goat