New Bachmann Collett Hall?

Hidden away in the list of models for 2004 is the following:

4936 'KINLET Hall' Great Western with Crest green. Unless I'm much mistaken this is a Collett not a "Modified" Hall so is a brand new model. I'm surprised this hasn't been announced separately as this fills a major hole in the GWR fleet. Also the Grange is strangely missing from all of their new announcements, has it been quietly dropped? Many other things of interest to comment on, but I'll do that in daylight hours!

Cheers

Duncan

Reply to
Duncan Langtree

You're quite right. All three listed are 'original' rather than Modified Halls are are numbered in the Blue Riband range. It's an interesting prospectfor 2004 or whenever - of 4575 class, Granges [from Hornby] and Halls. Just right for someone who started out in Cornwall! Richard

Reply to
Richard Mills

"Duncan Langtree" wrote

Maybe they've decided it's easier to try and wreck Heljan's plans rather than take on Hornby head-to-head!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

announcements,

Considering that Hornby's steam models are now considerably ahead of Bachmann's (tender pickups, five pole skew wound motors) I'm not surprised...

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

"Ian J." wrote

Well Heljan's diesels are way ahead of both Bachmann's & Hornby's in my opinion, so where's the logic in that?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I think Heljan have some way to go re detailing and other similar refinements - remember their 47 is an A1A-A1A, not a Co-Co, also there lighting isn't exactly great either - though apparently (according to one of the stand people at Warley) these such things will be addressed by the Cromptons at end of this year (the Westerns were in development to a point before they considered the Hornby 50 to be competition, so to speak). Also, Heljan do not make steam models.

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.