NEWS - Hornby opens archive to visitors in Margate

BBC News
Tuesday 29 June 2010
" Visitors to Kent are set to be taken on a journey through modern
history at the home of one of the world's most prestigious transport
model makers "

Dragon Heart
Page last updated at 16:44 GMT, Tuesday, 29 June 2010 17:44 UK E-mail this to a friend Printable version
Hornby opens archive to visitors in Margate Hornby opens archive to visitors Visitors to Kent are set to be taken on a journey through modern history at the home of one of the world's most prestigious transport model makers.
The model was donated by the Lines family that once owned Tri-ang, which became part of the Hornby empire.
Now is not that the wrong way round. After all they changed there name to Hornby after buying it

Reply to
Trev
will try and persude family that we should have an old fashioned beach holiday down in ramsgate where my parents took us. Can then just happen to find out about this exhibition....
Cheers, Simon
Reply to
simon
Exactly so. I think there's been some revisionist history here.
Reply to
MartinS
I like the way your mind works, Simon.
As a kiddie, I used to love going to Scarborough so I could see Harold Elliott's huge O Gauge layout with the mischievous Sammy the Shunter, who was chased with a rolled-up newspaper when he tried to escape onto the main line.
Reply to
MartinS
I was Naughty there as I said I had not seen it before as I drove the train into the station with the Ocean mails coashe not on the platform :¬0
Reply to
Trev