Nottingham East Mids MRE

A dream venue of quality traders - well my choice anyway. Such a friendly bunch that were a pleasure to meet - mostly for the first time. Included Branchlines, Comet, Judith Edge kits, Mercian kits, SE Finecast - all happy to give advice or just chat. Thats not the complete list just the main ones. An excellent opportunity to see greater selection of their products as well as comment on stuff previously purchased.

Two interesting finds from Branchlines - Pack of 5 grubscrews that fit their gears (bought 2) and Kean Maygib Frame alignment jig. Has anyone used this jig by any chance ?

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

I agree that it was a good show, but felt the catering was a bit basic

Reply to
Keith Patrick

Oh b***er!!! I meant to go to that show, but worrying about and fixing my sick car meant I forgot all about it.

Oh well. After fixing the car I couldn't afford to go anyway :-(

Reply to
Paul Boyd

There are some good pub meals to be had in town.

Reply to
Trev

Forgot - you must have a most hectic life :-) However if not taking piles of cash, with those traders its best not to go !

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

We were going to go but were all sick :-(

Simon Did you see 'uncle' Pete ?

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Unfortunately no, he was there on Saturday to open it. To be honest, I woudnt rate it as one of the better family shows. Nothing specific and there were some child friendly people about.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Talking of 'family shows' I note Mickleover Model Railway Group 2010 exhibition is now at the Moorways Sports Centre, Derby.

Have we missed the Buxton show for this year ?

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Dont know as its not one in our range - impatient passenger. The next good family one is Soar Valley at Swannington - April 3/4.

Saw that someone made comment about one of Nottingham's layouts being scarce of running trains. Was nicely put, very gentle. was immediately slapped down as inappropriate to critisize by a few other posters then moderator told him off for spoiling the thread. Even had I not agreed with the comment would certainly welcome the debate, how else can we learn. Whats the definition of a forum ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

.

The layout with the most bodies around it at Buxton last year was one which had plenty of action. Bus=92s going round a town square, dockyard engines with lifting bridge even a balloon which takes off plus the =91real=92 layout. They had plenty of static action with amusing figures etc.

The children go to see moving loco=92s.

Perhaps the moderator had an =91interest=92 in the show / layout ?

As long as you are not rude about it why should you not say what you think ?

Reply to
Dragon Heart

.

Private fiefdom when it's run like that.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

The layout with the most bodies around it at Buxton last year was one which had plenty of action. Bus?s going round a town square, dockyard engines with lifting bridge even a balloon which takes off plus the ?real? layout. They had plenty of static action with amusing figures etc.

The children go to see moving loco?s.

Perhaps the moderator had an ?interest? in the show / layout ?

As long as you are not rude about it why should you not say what you think ? ==============================================

Too often we immediatetly try to fight back and prove other person wrong :-) Instead the exhibitor should do a bit of checking and see if it was just a one off, difference of opinion or if they could make the layout more interesting - if they want to. Not sure if I spent much time looking at this layout but when did wander round there were a few with little action. Only felt welcome at one or 2 layouts, at the others it was as if they were reading a newspaper and I was looking over their shoulder:-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon