Open framed platform

I want to model an open structure type station platform, either wooden or prefab concrete type, in 4mm scale. Does any manufacturer produce this kind of platform? A scan through numerous websites has found any number of different platform kits, but nothingof this type, Cheers, Bill.

Reply to
Bill Davies

"Bill Davies" wrote in news:4404741d$0$6993$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net:

Not that I know off, however a year or two ago I built a "halt" out of balsa exactly on those principles and even if I say so myself it looked damned good ... and very quick and easy to make.

Actually thinking about it, what about the "Wills" halts ... not full sized platforms but they may be big enough for what you're after.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Thanks Chris, I'll look into the Wills kits. Scratchbuilding shouldn't be too challenging if that draws a blank, Cheers, Bill.

Reply to
Bill Davies

There are the following items in the MJT range (available from Mainly Trains) :- MJ5003 (MJT) SR Concrete Carriage Platform Legs 1ft 6in (12) £2.50 MJ5004 (MJT) SR Concrete Carriage Platform Legs 2ft (12) £2.50

Ratio also do the concrete fence panels that the SR used to use. Brian

Reply to
BH Williams