Tevan Decals

I have a O gauge Parkside Tevan which I wish to letter in BR. However the XP rating decals are only in red. Was this correct for BR period or is it a goof by the normally excellent Parkside.

Also doe anyone have a colour pic of tevan in BR livery on the web.

Thanks

David

Reply to
davidcharlesworth

"davidcharlesworth" wrote

What pray tell is a Tevan? In 40 years as a railway enthusiast I've never heard the expression before.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I have GWR 'Tevan' Goods Van (diag V32) Parkside kit PS48

These van converted from Mica Insulated Vans (x9) in 1938. They carried Tea and coffee from the Lyons Depot at Greenford until the 1960's

Picture of open in GWr livery can be found at

The is an article in the last MRJ about them.

David

Reply to
davidcharlesworth

"davidcharlesworth" wrote

Haha! Sorted now - thank you.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Some of these - or maybe a special batch of roughly similar design - also worked cocoa traffic to Cadbury's at Bournville (via ex-MR metals) and possibly Fry's at Bristol (again, was their factory on ex-MR territory?).

David Belcher

Reply to
deb107_york

No, definitely in the heart of GWR territory.

Pete

Reply to
mutley

No, Fry's Somerdale factory was serviced from a branch off at Keynsham Station on the GWR - the Midland / S&DJR was on the otherside of the river Avon and out of sight.

Peter A

Reply to
peter abraham

Thanks for the corrections to my post. Although I'm sure I read somewhere that there was a chocolate factory in the vicinity of the ex-MR line through Mangotsfield - if I haven't imagined this, which firm was it?

David Belcher

Reply to
deb107_york

That's the Carsons factory. Just visible in the background in this photo:

The factory has now been flattened and is a housing estate.

Pete

Reply to
mutley