Piano wire gauge question

Can anyone remember what gauge piano wire fits the holes in Peco points? - Need some for remote control of points from baseboard edge, via slider switch to power the frog.

Anyone got a reliable supplier for this stuff? What is now Model Zone in Manchester used to sell it, but that was years ago.

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

Sorry - Peco OO gauge points (don't have one to hand to measure the hole)

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

I use 0.75mm steel or brass wire (comes in 1m lengths). I put it into brass or alu tube (1mm bore 2mm o.d.) I get my supplies from model aircraft stores (no point in giving you any addresses as they are in Dijon but the same shops abound all over the UK. My two guys also supply for model cars which use the remote control and servo systems.

Regards

Peter

Reply to
Sailor

I use 0.75mm steel or brass wire (comes in 1m lengths). I put it into brass or alu tube (1mm bore 2mm o.d.) I get my supplies from model aircraft stores (no point in giving you any addresses as they are in Dijon but the same shops abound all over the UK. My two guys also supply for model cars which use the remote control and servo systems.

Regards

Peter

Many thanks, I'll try the local music shop (some of which still sell piano wire), non of the local model shops stock it these days.

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

In article , Mike Smith writes

Mike,

Peter was referring to shops that sell in radio controlled flying model aircraft. They usually have a range of piano wire for actuator rods. Alternatively, see

and look at p80 of their catalogue - a decent range of piano wire (and other metal sections) available by mail order.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Very many thanks for that! Hadn't thought of these people (I'll be recycling ny existing stock for a few more years yet)

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith