Peco, quite helpful really

I recently has a query about the turnout radii for the 32mm stuff, and could not resolve it by any web search.

However, a phone call to Peco direct and they were more than helpful in answering my questions.

Reply to
invalid

That's nice, but how much simpler for you _and_ for them if the data were on their website.

cheers, wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

I think to be fair to Peco they are trying to protect their dealers, in ways such as you have to have a shop to get an account, which is to be applauded I believe, so they would appear to pushing punters that way. I suppose the issue is just where you draw the line. For example, a good dealer will often be able to turn a technical query into a sale.

Just thinking out loud.

Reply to
beamends

Nah, they just don't understand that marketing has changed. If you want to compete, you'd better put your product information out there.

cheers, wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

That's the problem though, Peco don't really have any serious competition in the UK when it comes to track. How else could they get away with selling us HO track for the past 40??? years?

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

Pre- Streamline they sold OO track with the label Pecoway. When they introduced Streamline with its closer sleeper spacing etc they advertised it as "finescale longer look".

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Who said that marketing bullshit was a recent invention? :)

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X