Printable 4mm scale tunnel mouth templates ...

Does anyone know of anywhere on the web where I can find templates of 4mm tunnel mouths that I can print out and use as a cutting guide. Because of space constraints I have to scratch build 3 tunnel openings into a space of around 11" and conventional commercial tunnel portals/mouths simply won't fit.

... oh and my poor drawing skills are currently preventing me getting a home made template "just" right.

TIA

Reply to
Chris Wilson

What about tracing off the tunnel mouth to get the size then adding the rest youself to suit the location?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

This is just an idea but how about getting a photo of something that matches what you need

Scale the image to the printer and then paste the image on to plasticard and cut it out

-- Regards From Gray The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield

You don't have to be mad but it helps

Reply to
Graham A Wilson

Haven't got one :-(

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Bloody good idea ... however in view of the paucity of replies last night I had another go at drawing a template.

Using the clearance figures published by his holiness St Cyril the Freezer in The Model Railway Design Manual I got out the old compass and pen and came out with a superb template ... absolutely 1st class ... only there's isn't enough room, even if I do a double and a single side by side ...

So I'm working on a triple!!! road tunnel mouth ... anyone know if there's any historical precedent? ...

... and if that doesn't work I'm going to have to go for a "small" double and a tiny as in gnats whiskers clearance single.

Cheers everybody ...

Reply to
Chris Wilson