scale 4mm , 6mm

Sorry if this is a silly one, but ...

I read things like 4mm scale or 6mm scale , (associated sometimes with

1/76, 1/72, 1/87 )

what does it mean ?

thanks

Reply to
domi --d
4mm scale = 4mm to the foot = 1:76 ratio.
Reply to
airsmoothed

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

Which is all well and good until you strat looking at wargame figures where 'X'mm = nominal figure hight. :-)

Reply to
Chris Wilson

I did okay with soldiers but remember having difficulty when scale was defined by the track gauge!

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Phrases like " OO/HO scale" don't exactly help clarify the issue do they ;-)

Reply to
airsmoothed

wrote

Absolutely, but 'OO/HO' gauge is acceptable!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

True; I was trying to think where the phrase " OO/HO scale" originated, a quick Google shows that the original Airfix kits ( City of Truro & suchlike) were labelled thus.

Reply to
airsmoothed

wrote

Not certain, but didn't Tri-ang use it too, along with Merit and any other number of small manufacturers?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Just to confuse things further did not Tri-ang have some accessories that were marketed for both OO/HO and TT?

I have a recollection of receiving a Tri-ang Colour light signal and expressing to mother that it was for the TT range and I had OO. She swiftly removed it before I could fully open the present and took it back to the shop for exchange. Fortunately I was at school when to her embarrassment the retailer pointed out that bit was for both ranges. It was a long time ago but I think half the box faces were in yellow for the TT range and the other half the OO red.I had only removed enough wrapping paper to observe the yellow with TT on it. G.Harman

Reply to
g.harman