Quartering with Knurled Axles

Is there a magic solution for quartering wheels on knurled axles? By trial and error I have managed to get mine so that it runs smoothly backwards with just a hint of stickiness when running forwards. I suspect this is as close as I am going to get without building a replacement chassis.

Cheers.

Reply to
Dr Calculus

NorthWest Short Line sells a quartering tool.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

In message , Wolf Kirchmeir writes

Nice idea, but a little too large for me :-)

Reply to
Dr Calculus

"Dr Calculus" wrote

In the 70s (and before) Hamblings (I think that was their name) produced a range of loco drivers with knurled axle ends and also produced a cheap quartering jig. Sadly they are long gone.

John.

Reply to
John Turner