RailCom for DCC

Guys,

I interested in developing a railcom detector unit , and mybe adding it to a loco decorder for which we have already.

My aim is to produce a unit to help me automate my layout via a PC and software that I am writing using the JMRI etc.

So I have been going through the NRMA RP9.3.2 and I have questions and wondered if any of you guys were doing or thinking the same, so we could start a discussion so we can bounce thoughts and idea and interpretation of you guys, cause it usually the best way to get it right!

I am a member of MERG and was planning release all of this work via the GPL and the MERG group.

Dave

Reply to
davet

RailCom is one of those pet interests of mine, unfortunately I don't have any time to dedicate to its development. However, I am in the process of developing software for completely automated layout control that I hope will be able to take advantage of RailCom if it manages to get off the ground (and with Hornby's Sapphire decoder apparently having it, I am hoping Hornby are planning to give it a boost).

The trouble with a totally automated layout is that it also requires a suitable DCC controllable coupling, and as yet there are none suitable for the UK market... :(

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

"Ian J." wrote The trouble with a totally automated layout is that it also requires a suitable DCC controllable coupling, and as yet there are none suitable for the UK market... :(

Ian J.

Will a SPROG do the job ?

(I think) USB computer interface for programming or throttle control from JMRI's Decoder Pro normally !

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD

Coupling as in Kadee, tension lock, etc, not coupling as in computer interface... (I have Lenz's one and it's fine) :-)

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.