Re: How much does a Greek Urn?

> ... not a lot. > > On a more serious note I'm looking for a couple of 4mm scale "statues" to > make decorative tops to a pair of bridge pillars ideally are pair of the > following: classical Greek Urns, figure of Britannia, two of the virtues or > Lions sat on their bums, the foot print of the statues to be around the 1/4 > inch size. > > I?m no good at modelling animals which is by the by as I don?t have any > casting kit at the moment, necessary to have identical models and I really > don?t want to spend yonks making two figure statues that will only be used > the once. > > I?ve looked at the Langley Models site but I could spend all night there > and still not find anything I wondered if the group could suggest anything? > > -- > All the best, > > Chris Wilson

The Airfix "Zoo animals" set might do the trick, although the only contents which immediately fall into '1/4"' footprint size without modification that I can think of are the penguins!

Our European modellers group had a Swiss crocodile evening so I sprayed the Airfix crocodiles in green, brown and OBB orange and placed them in a Swiss livestock wagon for display. (received a mixed reception)

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Greg Procter wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ihug.co.nz:

Well it would have made me laugh, well smile.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Something you should never do in the presence of a crocodile.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I've seen a plastic banana with little flapping wings, on an O-scale GWR layout. It came out during the last couple of hours of a major show (Harrogate?).

Reply to
Christopher A.Lee