Hornby Duchess electric pickup

I'm just re hashing a Hornby Duchess of Sutherland R066 chassis I've acquired and can't remember how the power is collected. Looks like its picked up from the tender wheels and returned via the driving wheels on the loco.on the other side. Does this sound right? There is a contact above one of the driving wheels or has this something to do with it or, what appears to be, a bulb above the cylinders, whatever that does.

Any help much appreciated John

Reply to
John Firth

"John Firth" wrote

You've got it in one. The pick up contact mention is to provide power for the bulb, but all it does is encourage drag on the non-powered loco driving wheels. The bulb is to provide a light at the front of the loco.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Thanks, John, much appreciated. Don't really see the point of the light at the front

John

Reply to
John Firth