Removing Hornby Crankpins

Does anyone know where I can get a spanner to remove Hornby's hexagonal? crankpins? Are the Bachmann crankpins the same size? It would be nice if I only had to buy one tool :)

Reply to
Gerald H

In one model mag this month where describe conversion to EM they use small pliers, I got a spanner from those nice people at Hornby a few years back.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

ISTR that the live steam sets/locos have such a tool included as it is recommended to check the pins are not loose. Hornby may well supply it as a separate item.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

"Gerald H" wrote

Buy? Make your own; just slightly crush an appropriately sized piece of brass tube.

I just use small pliers for that job though.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Cap head screws (Allen screws) make a nice socket spanner. Get an assortment of diameters (Metric, BA, ...) Screw each one into a short length of plastic tube of suitable diameter. (Evergreen)

Regards, Greg.P. NZ

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Thanks for your suggestions thusfar. I don't want to risk burring up the nuts by using pliers etc., but I think I may have found something called a nutspinner made by Expo tools. I have heard that 2.5mm is the correct size, can anyone confirm this?

Gerald H