Scale model discussion forum

Scale model discussion forum for Trains, Aircraft, Automobiles, Ships, Model Rocketry and anything related to the small world of scale models. Please
visit us if you have an interest in scale models of any type feel free to register and post your problems, tutorials or anything to to do with scale models
www.scale-models.co.uk

Model
I had a look at your forum, and noted with amusement that you do not allow "1 post wonders, i.e. people advertise there site and never come back" [sic].
--
Dave Fossett
Saitama, Japan

allow
That you are a Spamming bastard?
if you are saying that I am a 1 post wonder then you

licence,
Well you are more the idiot, Usenet is free !....

it
But you don't want people to do what you have done here, Spam....
Jerry. wrote:

I suggest handbags at dawn!!!!!!!! Do we have too much spare time, or what? Jim
--
Confused? You will be...

I know, supposed spam garners some 20+ replies! LOL...
--
Regards,
Jim M

scale
John does visit the newsgroup often - to advertise his site!
-- *** http://www.railwayscene.co.uk/ *** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk)
I see the acerbic jerry has returned with his foul mouth.
Are we going to have to suffer him again?
I seem to remember he's the one you can't send mail to.
--
DAS

Outgoing Mail Scanned by Norton 2003

Doesn't OE have a killfile option?
--
Martin S.

It does, and a very useful one at that!
-- *** http://www.railwayscene.co.uk/ *** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk)

And I see you still spout on about things you know nothing about, how long are you going to infest this group with your foul self opinionated clap-trap...

This group has to suffer your opinionated clap-trap !...

Just like most people on Usenet, you will have a large 'kill file' if you place everyone you can't send mail to in it, that is once you learn how to use it...
The only foul mouthed idiots in this group are people like you who don't like any opinion unless it's your own.

This is the third (? maybe more) time that this advertisement has appeared. I saw it the first time.
Since I am only interested in model railways, and have no interest whatever in scale models of aircraft, cars, ships, model rocketry (what's a scale model of a model rocket?) I have no intention of joining a list which will inundate me with messages that I do not want to read.
--
John Sullivan
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

Well said. I don't believe it offers anything for railway modellers which this and other similar groups already provide.
John.
That's fine, for most part it is a free world, you don't have to do anything you don't want to. But obviously you don't know what a forum is, it's not a "list" that's for sure, and you only read post's that are of interest to you.

Yes, I do. It's a Roman market-place.
--
John Sullivan
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

Oh, I see. You have to log in to a web site, and poke around in there for the stuff that you just might want to read? Where on earth am I going to find the time to faff around with that sort of thing? I need all my spare time for railway modelling, and I already spend too much time at the computer.
--
John Sullivan
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

No I don't think you do see, you don't have to login, you can view the forum and all the information there without being a member, and the biggest advantage of a forum over newsgroups, is retention, depending on your ISP the newsgroups retention can be anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks, on a forum the information is always there, it becomes a valuable source of "searchable" info, something newsgroups could never be.
Anyway this is the last I'm going to say on the subject, you are obviously too narrow minded to try other thing's and by the sounds of things wouldn't want to share your knowledge with others.
This was an invite to many people not a personal invite to you, that's the good thing about website's you don't have to visit them if you don't want.

forum
valuable
Goggle search groups Find what you are looking for:-) Donald

How do you contribute without being a member?

You can search newsgroups through what used to be "Deja News" and is now called "Google Groups": http://groups.google.com /

That is completely untrue.

--
John Sullivan
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

Incidentally, this paragraph is a shining example of what is known as an "ad hominem" argument. "Ad hominem" is an attack on the other person being argued with, and is used by people when they have no other way of countering their argument.
Anyone who has to resort to "ad hominem" attacks has lost the argument.