Scaleway TRack

Hi all Just returned from England where a good time was had! Saw some Scaleway SMP Code 75 OO (J) track and liked it. However the usual google aint turning up much so.... anyone here have comments on it, how easy is it to make their turnout kits etc? Any sites with pics? Thanks in advance Rob

Reply to
Rob

Rob -

I always use SMP track and have just had another few boxes sent mail order from the UK. The postage is costly because of the yard lengths so the more you order the more economical it gets.

I've never used the plastic based point kits as I build my points from copperclad. I used a kit for the first one then built all the rest from raw materials (SMP rail and timbering. I don't use SMP tiebars as I find they are a little too thick and rub on the baseboard unless you cut a recess). I use C&L templates for points.

All the above items are available from, among other places, Mainly Trains at

- usual disclaimer.

All in all, for me the easiest way of getting reasonably fine scale 00 track. It's cheaper than C&L and quicker than making it all yourself.

Reply to
John Nuttall

Yes, I agree with the above. For quick and effective track laying SMP is the best. I have used it for 20 odd years now and can vouch for its quality and longevity in use. Their plastic based points are only B6 turnouts which you will eventually find are too tight for a realistic appearance except in sidings. Their copperclad kits are good value and a good way into building your own formations. I once built a scissors crossing with a three way exit all in one piece and it worked very well. Using other people's track templates is also a good idea but in time you will make your own to get exactly the formation you require. People often mistake my 00 gauge trackwork for EM and even P4. Copperclad is a quick and reliable method of making pointwork and it has the virtue of ease of adjustment in service.

Alistair Wright '5522' Models

Reply to
Alistair Wright

Thanks for you help. Rob