Fleischmann DCC controller question?????

Hi all,

I've heard the Fleischmann 6822 and the 6802 are supposed to be pretty good as I read about them in model rail magazine. The 6802 twin centre is £350 and the 6822 twin control is £195.

The Gaugemaster.co.uk seem to be the only site that sell them and the only website I've found via google that have anything to do with them .

does anybody know what the difference is between the two units besides price? The Gaugemaster site is a complete mine of information about them. Trying to find a good DCC controller so checking all of them out.

thanks

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Think they are Uhlenbrock units, so google on them. You may need German to read most of the material. (Certainly used to be made by Uhlenbrock, though may have been a few subtle differences for the Fleischmann variant).

The Uhlenbrocks are excellent DCC controllers, very well regarded by many of my EU friends. The Daisy System can be a good system if you have a Sprog (or similar) for programming locos (Daisy can also be setup as an analogue controller, giving control arguably better than a Pentroller, which is handy as Pentrollers are now almost unobtainable). The full "Intellibox" is also superb. "Freds" are pretty good, though I prefer the Fremo kit examples for feel over the commercial Uhlenbrock models. If choosing commercial units, I'd take the Daisy over the Fred; the feel of the Daisy is better. The two are subtly different, sufficient to be annoying if using both.

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe