Train sets...

Definitely a train set not a model railway. Here are some in-progress pics taken in the last couple of days:

Hopefully you can see the size of the thing and also gauge roughly how its intended to work. Some fiddling and fettling of lines is still needed, one or two have been knocked out of straight while doing other jobs, but they seem to fiddle back OK.

Today I've been doing the section from the end of the trundleduct distant from the station, and taking the concealed back straight round to meet the trundleduct; it will go behind a backscene that is mounted on the trundleduct.

I am beginning to feel it might one day be finished (or at least playable). It's a way off yet, but do people usually have a "golden track pin" ceremony?

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

[...]

Definite possibility. ;-)

I've never been privileged to participate in one, and never did one myself (I've built 14 layouts to the operational stage, and two or three of them actually got most of the scenery done, too). But I've seen photos, so they do take place.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Although it's not the subject of your post, I'd love to see a competition in which an entire layout has to be constructed around an off-the-shelf trainset with no additional track or rolling stock, just to see what was possible.

(kim)

Reply to
kim