Using DCC via PDA and LI-USB

Hi all,
Can anyone give me some constructive advice regarding DCC and the Lenz LI-USB device? This will be my first foray into DCC, and I was looking to
create a computer-based control system, with an LZV100 as command station, an LI-USB as interface, and a PDA (O2 xda 2i) as the controller, using the Kam Industries software for the PDA.
I'm not sure if this arrangement would work, so any ideas or advice (other than don't bother! ;) would be welcome!
Regards,
Ian J.
Hi Ian, I have also been looking at doing similar with my DCC set-up with my Dad's Sat-Nav (He doesn't know yet) so I can program at exhibitions via Sprog. (Now upgraded to Sprog 2) and Decoder Pro.
Try joining either the Lenz or DCCUK news groups on Yahoo and posting this question there.... (Although there are many who lurk there are also lurking here!) But there are some who would give you a straight Yes, No or do this answer...
Andy Sollis CVMRD http://www.cvmrd.freeserve.co.uk - Home of the Churnet Valley Model Railway Department Remove the 4F from E-mail to reply
Hi all,
Can anyone give me some constructive advice regarding DCC and the Lenz LI-USB device? This will be my first foray into DCC, and I was looking to create a computer-based control system, with an LZV100 as command station, an LI-USB as interface, and a PDA (O2 xda 2i) as the controller, using the Kam Industries software for the PDA.
I'm not sure if this arrangement would work, so any ideas or advice (other than don't bother! ;) would be welcome!
Regards,
Ian J.
Many thanks for the reply. I've had a reply to an email I sent to Lenz, and they have confirmed that the combination of LI-USB and LZV100 is fine, the only current issue would be using the Kam Industries software as they might not have finished updating it for the USB interface yet. I am looking for other software that would be suitable now.
Ian J.
"Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept."

Can I suggest you try using the excellent Decoder Pro software? This can be freely downloaded and is under constant development so is always updated shortly after new decoders etc become available.
I use it with an LI100f (the RS232 serial port edition - the USB version would also be fine) linked to my laptop and it's one of the best ways I've seen of controlling trains, programming decoders etc.
More information and downloads are available at:
http://jmri.sourceforge.net/download /
Cheers, Ian Bartlett