....And DCC Advice

Seems fitting the decoders will be easy enough.
What are the groups thoughts on the following?...
I've been offered the Lenz LH100, LV100 and LZ100 in a new condition for
£195 (handheld, command & amp).
I see that the command station and amplifier have now been combined into the
LZV100 and together with the handheld controller is £244.
Should I go for the old (?) set-up or spend a few more £'s on the newer one?
Having two boxes instead of one is not an issue - is there any difference in
operation?
TIA as usual, Dave.
--
potter55(at)ntlworld.com

Dave Potter
Depends on how big a setup you have , there is little or no difference functionally but the LZV100 is rated at 5 Amps while the LV100 is limited to 3 Amps. If you will only be running 4 or 5 locos at a time and don't have lots of lighted coaches then the LV100 will be OK, It has the advantage that you can use a smaller transformer, 50VA whereas the LZV100 really needs a 100VA transformer to get the best results. Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.
Reply to
Keith Norgrove
And since you mentioned an awful lot of decoders if you need more than the 5 amps go for the set with the LV100 and you can add an LV101 to get another 5 Amps when you are ready for it. Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.
Reply to
Keith Norgrove
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 12:02:15 +0100, "Dave Potter" wrote in message :
Given that the new one will have a warranty I would suggest it's worth the extra.
Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?