While we're on the subject...

What happened to The Railway Centre website, the one with the identification tables? I know there's another website with the same name but it's not the same.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

I was in contact with Colin Marsden (who had the original railwaycentre website) back in April, when the "new" website appeared. It was his intention that the technical stuff would be retained.

Try contacting him via the "contact us" form. If he gets enough "prompting" he may resurrect the pages!

I found the original website very useful for a number of projects.

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
newbryford

identification

Thanks for that. As a failed trainspotter I found the old site invaluable as a reference. In particular I am trying to identify a single car diesel unit which runs between Coventry, Bedworth and Nuneaton. It's in Centro colours and look's a bit like a Mk3 coach with a drivers cab at each end.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

That'll be a class 153 - the only 2nd gen single car DMU to date.

James Moody

Reply to
James Moody

-------------------------------

And even they started out as 2-car Class 155s before some pairs were split and each car had a second (& smaller) cab fitted to its former inner end.

Some 2-car Class 155s still exist on W Yorkshire PTE services but they do occasionally wander elsewhere.

Not long after their introduction, in BR days of course, they were seen more than once in South Wales!

Reply to
Eddie Bellass

Unless it's a recent repaint, there aren't any 153's in "Centro" livery. (grey & green with white/yellow/blue stripes). There are some

153's in Central Trains colours - two-tone green, with the blue flash and red stripe at each end. The Mk3 style leads me to believe it could be a 2-car 150. These were based upon the Mk3 bodyshell and have the distinctive ribbed roof as per the MK3. (Noting that 156's, of which Central Trains have a few, also have ribbed roofs!)

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
newbryford

That's the one.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Thanks for that and here she is about to leave the station:-

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"Eddie Bellass" wrote

We occasionally get the 155s in Hull, and I've seen them on the odd occasion in Preston (Lancs) where the WYPTE 158s are regulars (and presumably deputising for a 158).

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"newbryford" wrote

See:

blue stripe & red flash???

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Oops! It's the Central 156's that have the blue flash. Just like this one:

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
newbryford

"newbryford" wrote

:-)

Nice shot btw.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Thanks! But not my pic!! :-) I got it from the "everything you need to know about Class 156's" at

Mick

Reply to
newbryford

The Wayback Machine is your friend -->

*/
And yes, I find it a very useful site as well.

Hope this helps, Martyn

Reply to
M Roberts

identification

Thanks. I've bookmarked the last known update of the main page.

(kim)

Reply to
kim