Wrenn box please

Hi again all
I know it is a longshot, but a friend has asked me to try - he is chasing a Wrenn City of Birmingham box. His uncle passed away and had one of these
in a display case and now that everything is being distributed to family members, he has been given this loco. It is the only one they can't find a box for.
Anyway, I offered to see if I could source a box etc. for him so if anyone has one for sale, or can refer me to someone who might, that would be great
many thanks
Steve
"mindesign" wrote

Bugger! I sold a Wrenn renamed Duchess a couple of weeks ago in a 'City of Birmingham' box. The guy wasn't even bothered about the box, but took it to carry to loco home in! Don't know who he was so can't offer to try & track it down for you.
You didn't want to know that did you? :-(
John.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

On Sat, 20 May 2006 00:10:14 +0100, "John Turner"

In today's collectors' conditions, shouldn't that be selling the box, with a loco inside :-)
Jim.
snip

snip
I hope that it is a green W2228 version, in which case you will find what you are looking for at
http://www.hornbydublo.fsbusiness.co.uk/Wrenn%20Boxes.htm
( at a price of 18.)
Good luck!
Dave Westerman
my goodness - a box costs 18?
WOW!
wrote in message

"mindesign" wrote

I would have thought that was not excessive. Adding an original box to an otherwise unboxed loco would increase its value by mayby 40-50%. You've already proved there is a market for empty boxes.
I've got a pre-war Hornby O-gauge No2 Special 4-4-2T loco box in reasonable order which I've been offered GBP100.00 for - that I've still got the box must tell you something.
John.

What Steve means is he would rather not have to pay 18 for it :o)
(kim)
"kim" wrote

LOL - I sussed that, but a good quality original box is a very marketable quantity, even for a relatively common item, although clearly the value varies enormously and reflects the value of the item which seeks a home in said box.
John.
mindesign said the following on 20/05/2006 08:05:

Hence Jim's comment....
When I sell stuff on eBay (haven't for a while now), I usually make some sarcastic comment about box collectors along the lines of "If you're more interested in the box than the model, this is what it's like." Doesn't affect sales at all!
--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk /