Rivets on a Britannia.

Can anyone confirm that all the BR1/A tenders on the Britannias were rivetted. I've got a part scratchbuilt model which has no rivet detail on a BR1/A tender body and I've never seen such on any picture I've seen of a Standard Class 7.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Dunno about curved-top BR tenders (e.g. as used on 71000 or the Southern's 4MTs), but certainly not aware of any rivetted examples of the step-sided designs being used on Brits, 5MTs, 9Fs, etc.

David Belcher

Reply to
deb107_york