5 inch variable speed angle grinder

I am looking for recommendations on a 5 inch variable speed angle grinder and where to buy it on the internet.

Reply to
Jim Bloomfield

Off the top of my head, Metabo makes a really slick one.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Reply to
Thomas Kendrick

Metabo

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

Reply to
Jim Bloomfield

Anyone willing to explain the "variable speed" bit of this query.

I know electrical angle grinders as buzzing round at a fairly constant speed and you sort of adjust the cut by how much (pressure with which) you touch-down on what you are grinding.

With my small pneumatic angle grinder - I have reduced the air pressure so the no-load speed is not too high for the grinder, when very very lightly styling away at find features - sort of like a barber styling in around the ears freehand with a hair-cropper, with delicate sweeping passes. But that's different - it's simply to stop it overspeeding with no load.

Richard Smith

Reply to
Richard Smith

Several high end power tool makers make variable speed grinders that are very popular for stone and tile work. They are also nice for surface finishing of metals.

Flex, Metabo, Hilti, and Makita all make such models.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler