A cool sight yesterday

Driving northward past Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada, and coming straight at us on final southerly approach, a C-130. Unknown if just a cargo carrier, or a Spooky, but one big fat slow beautiful airplane. My wife saw it first and quipped, "What the hell is that?" It takes a lot to get her attention. I just said it was a weapons platform that you would not want looking for you.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I used to watch those come in on Kwajalein - them and Bumble-Bees.

C-124 IIRC. They carried food, mail, people, all sorts of stuff.

The runway was only .7 miles long and the flight from Hawaii was 24 hours for the C-124. They fly with multiple crew. Even still a wave top landing for touchdown always increases the heart rate.

They are cool to watch. Had some in San Jose - taking out of Moffitt. The best off that field was the Blackbird, now the white Blackbird ...being NASA used.

Mart> Driving northward past Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada, and coming straight at

Reply to
Martin Eastburn