Anybody have some 4047 aluminum rod?

I can only find 10lb packs at Phoenix Welding and they have to be shipped in from Texas at 8.00 per lb and shipping.

I'd like to weld up a gear shift for a motorcycle, but it is cast not forged.

I could get a 10lb pack if I could find 9 takers to split it with.

Reply to
Bart D. Hull

I'll sell you 1 lb.

I have about 20 lbs of 3/32" 4047.

$10 should cover the rod and shipping.

I do take paypal, or just mail me a postal money order.

email me for a mailing address.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Try 4043 alloy. It should work well in your application. It is still a silicon based alloy, good for castings, and be available from your local weld supply shop.

Good Luck

brad

Reply to
brad