Anybody in Seattle looking for Welding gear?

I just got a grand tour of Pacific Industrial Supply. One of my night students this summer is Larry Langdon. He is in charge of selling surplus equipment at Pac Industrial.

Between all the buildings there I saw maybe 85 welding power supplies of every type possible.

A couple old Lincoln SA200s, a bunch of coffee grinder welders (vertical motor/dynamo), Linde 400s and 600s, Aircos, Miller Dialarcs, a bunch of real old huge motor/dynamo welders by GE, plasma cutters, a couple TIG machines, Stud welders, rod ovens, cable by the pallet load, piles of TIG torches, flow gauges, consumables, MIG guns, plasma cutter parts, pipe bevelers up to 36", .....

I had no idea that they had so much welding stuff. Larry has been dumping a lot of it on eBay, since he can't get the owner to let him have an area over in the main store.

He is willing to deal on all of it to get it out the door.

I am still a bit numb just trying to comprehend all the equipment I saw today. Everything you could ever need for forming or handling eletrical conduit. Plumbing quipment, like threaders, by the tub full. Chassis punches in every size. Ironworkers, punches, swagers, furnaces, compressors, saws, shears....

It just never ends. And that is just one of the 4 yards they have of stuff.

It seems the owner is a bit nuts about going to auctions and just buying truck loads of stuff, whether or not they already have more of the same stuff.

So if you are in need of welding gear or contractor equipment, check with Larry first. He is a good guy to deal with. His office is in the building across the parking lot from the main store. Tell him Ernie sent you.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

My bet the chassis Punches are knockout punches for Conduit and pipe.

IIRC, the size is the pipe size - the I.D. So if you buy some, check it with a ruler. The quality is still tough steel - Greenlee very likely.

I bought a set once - and had to unload it - many years ago now.

Martin

Reply to
Eastburn

He has both the Conduit sizes (up to 8 inch) and 730 series dimensional sizes, round and square and lots of single and double D sizes as well.

As I said piles of stuff. Currently there is just no way to put it all in a showroom. The showroom would have to be the size of a football field.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Man, all of the big sales are in the NE or the NW. My father-in-law has one of those old GE motor welders. Looks like it was made before the Civil War, but welds like a dream!

Reply to
John L. Weatherly

Great! - The 730 series are Greenlee and I wish I could get the unique D sizes for 9 pin and 25 pin maybe 37 pin cable connectors on computers etc. :-)

I have a bunch of them myself and two squares but no D's.

Thanks for the reply.

Martin

Reply to
Eastburn

He said he sold some of the computer connector punches on eBay a little while ago.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Do you know what he is listed under for a user name on ebay? I would love to see what he is auctioning off.

Reply to
Domingo Montez

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler