Argon bottles (found a supplier, need reality check)

Found a supplier on the following terms.

Lease a 140 cf gas bottle. Deposit $175. If/when I terminate the lease, I get $150 back, so they keep $25. No monthly fees. Every refill is $46. That's all pretty sensible, but I want to double check with the experts here.

Ignoramus19652

Thats a pretty good deal I think.... I am paying in the neighbourhood of 10 dollars a month rent...no damage deposit though...........Jim

Reply to
Jim & Lil

thanks... that's nice to know...

Ignoramus19652

Refill seems a bit high..but pricing IS very regional.

Gunner

Gunner

Sounds like a lifetime lease deal. None of the dealers around here will do that anymore so I'm not sure of the workings. If it is just a one time price then it's in line with what I've got.

For reference around here leases for the large bottles (300cu ft in this case) will cost you between $45 and $65 a year per bottle depending on company. Buying a 155cu ft bottle from the company I'm dealing with is $175 currently then you can swap with them for the cost of the contents from then on. A 80cu ft bottle is $125.

Contents on a 300 cu ft bottle should run around $45-65 depending (I actually get it lower than that but I'm a dealer). I just had a customers 80 cu ft bottle filled and it should retail about $24.

Contents cost lots more per cu ft for smaller bottles. In fact I can get a 225+ cu ft oxygen bottle filled for less than I can get a 20 cu ft filled.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

Yipes. I think I paid $75 for a three year lease. No deposit.

Steve

Jim & Lil wrote:

Reply to
Steve Smith