avoid Airborne Express delivery

I purchased a Millermatic 175 online and they shipped it out a week ago. I haven't seen it, they have no idea where it is or when i will receive it and the rep hung up on me when i pointed out that if they dont know where it is located and have know way of finding out, that they lost it. (Math Quiz: Ohio to Buffalo is an 8 hour drive, how f#cking slow do you have to drive to make it in over 6 days?) Before anyone hops on my ass for not buying locally dont bother, I'm not spending $160. more and still waiting for them to get one in stock. (i called my local Miller supplier and they can bite me, they were rude and they didn't have any of them there) My supplier for consumables carries Lincoln and I wanted the Miller so I couldn't go to them. My sole purpose for this email is to let everyone know how shitty Airborne (especially the reps, I'm picturing some big fat bitch with he eyes rolling back in her ugly head because i had the balls to ask her to look into a delivery!) is and that if you need something shipped, you're better off using ANYBODY but them duche bags! (I'd sooner pay a convict in a stolen van to go get it) Alright, go ahead and blast me with how I'm an asshole somehow for this. thanks in advance! walt

Reply to
wallsterr

Airborne uses independently owned and opperated local pickup and delivery drivers/services. Level of service can vary dramatically from one local to another.

But you still should be able to get the track> I purchased a Millermatic 175 online and they shipped it out a week ago. I

Reply to
Roy J

I posted this same message on "rec.crafts.metalworking" and someone on there hooked me up with a local supervisor and a phone number. I called him and hopefully he'll get it sorted out. The tracking number on their website just indicates that it's still at the Ohio facility (since 2/4/04) and no one at the service center can tell me anything other than it's en route. I also called the seller and he assured me that if they dont have a delivery confirmation by tomorrow, he will send another unit to me. Airborne has sent a few of his items to other states in the past but overall he is satisfied with their service. I'll let everyone know how this ends up. thanks, walt

Reply to
wallsterr

Reply to
rodney johnson

read the responses from rec.crafts.metalworking, you'll piss yer self. (some dude named jim got jacked big time) walt

Reply to
wallster

Ya, that sucks...I had a recent episode with Fedex Home delivery. i ordered a crate pad for my dog. He was having surgery and i wanted him to have a cushy pad to lie on while recovering. Fedex showed it on the truck to be delivered last Wednesday....no delivery although the Fedex home truck went down my street twice...same driver......then it showed it on the truck for delivery on Thursday...no delivery..again..truck down my street twice...Finally I called Fedex and they said that it should be delivered on Friday, but that the driver had attempted delivery on Thursday at 7:15PM. Well...I was working in the garage on my snowmobile, with the garage door open, radio blasting and lights on from 5:30 till almost 11:00 on Thursday night and i told them so. Finally arrived on Friday around 5:00..I asked the Fedex guy what the deal was and he didn't answer me.

Idiots...

Reply to
Jamie Arnold (W)

- "Jamie Arnold (W)" - spluttered in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Just my 2 cents...

I'm _always_ leery of FedEx trucks, in-town or on the highway. I might even extend that to Airborne.

The clown-boys, usually the in-town clowns, are always in some sort of hurry. I've had more of those jerks pull stunts around me than any other outfit.

Reply to
Greg M