Bandsaw Blade Welding

Is there any faq's or sources about the process of butt welding, specifically bandsaw blade welding out there. I seem to have trouble finding decent resources. I'd like to find some of the chemical changes that blades go when they are welded then annealed.

Thanks for any help.

David

Reply to
Canaan Apollyon

"Canaan Apollyon" wrote in news:VJJgb.46115$ko%. snipped-for-privacy@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com:

Mmm. Fine Woodworking magazine has bits and ideas on blade welding. But I don't think they give a *&( about metalurgy.

Reply to
Rager