Belt buckle

My belt buckle broke, here's it's replacement (the belt I bought online still has not shown up)

Ignoramus16474

Is that more of your welding rod art?

Reply to
Curt Welch

I would not call it art, but I have been welding filler rods for some time, making toy people for my kids, and such, and this belt buckle is also an example.

Ignoramus16474

I thought it was going to be fairly elaborate! One welder I knew took and chopped some stainless tubing scrap off at an angle, then ovalized it in a vise. He then filled it with stubs of various sized bronze and stainless rod in a pattern and fused it all together. Was about

2x3" when he got it done. Went over it with a grinder so it was slightly domed, then welded fittings for the belt onto the rear. He said all the welders on site had ones like it, was a brewery under maintenance, so plenty of scrap tubing to mess with.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

My home made belt buckle is a 3' Stanley tape measure held in a steel surround by Velcro. It not only helps hold my pants up, it is useful and gets a lot of comments.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

You must have a tough time trying to prove that thing is really 10 inches, unless of course you made a custom tape too :)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

"Leon Fisk" wrote: You must have a tough time trying to prove that thing is

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Me. to pretty girl stranger: "Would you like me to prove I have 10 inches?" She: "Get lost, creep." Money pent on fake tape measure--wasted.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Maybe that's "dog inches".

Reply to
SteveB

Snort! well at least you got to strike up a conversation, that's a lot farther than I get ;-)

I usually have to settle for the measure along the side of my Leatherman Tool/knife. It has proven to be useful, if I can remember it...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Just curious,

How did you get the buckle back into the leather ? Did you have to re- stich it ? Or did you make and 'L' shape and then let it cool and weld farther away from the leather that way ? I'd really like to make one with some stainless rod. Cheers,

/FC...

Reply to
Jman

It was the latter.