"best practice" site

Looking for information or recommendations on premier welding schools across the country. I work at a Technical school and we are going to be up-grading our facility. I do not want to try and re-invent the wheel. Thanks for the help.

Reply to
hack

Can you be a bit more specific? Are you trying to compile a list of welding schools, or are you trying to find out in what way other welding schools are better than yours, or what? Welding schools AFAIK should be rated on:

availability of instructors (low student-teacher ratio) quality of instructors - do they know how to teach what they're teaching? quality of written handout material/textbook school should perform certification tests competently and knowledgeably quality of available welding hardware - good machines? maintenance level of available welding hardware - is stuff broken? availability of proper practice materials - i.e. not rusty or painted junk cost location ease of logistics - online course signup, good Web pages, etc.

I doubt you'll find many of these things on their Web sites.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Without a doubt...the BEST welding training available is from the Hobart Institute of Welding Technology. Fittingly enough their web address (where you'll find everything Grant mentioned addressed...as well as some excellent vidro training tapes & materials available for sale) is:

Hope this helped

-Clutch-

Reply to
clutch