BOC 190C MIG opinions ?

Does anyone have any experience of the BOC 190C MIG

I'm thinking about getting a new machine as my hobby MIG is a bit tired so I wan't something that is a tad more hardwaring. The duty cycle is only 15% at 175amps but for my kind of use that's irrelevant (car repairs and a the odd bit of fabrication) I'm in the UK so I'd prefer a British machine plus Millers etc arn't that available over here. Also does anyone know if these machines come with a regulator ?

Many thanks in advance as always

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Had a Murex machine for many years, and its very good indeed (basically same thing as BOC).

Would say though if you are looking to do car repairs a machine with spot/stitch function would be an extremely good idea.

Ken

According to the blurb on the website it does both, which is one of the reasons I'm seriously looking at this model :-) I know of the Murex reputation too, you've only got to look on eBay to see ancient examples of kit that still work like new ! We'll they're either ancient, very much abused or both !

Thanks for the input Ken

Jim

Reply to
Jim

I have a BOC Transmig 110. It's old, around the early 80's. I love it. I'm only a hobby welder BTW. How much is the one you're looking at, out of interest? Mine is a big old beast!

I was recommended (on here) Butters, Murex & Cebora. Perhaps try looking on

for a deal

Reply to
Balders

Brand spanking new £633.33 inc VAT (£539.00 without, I think this is for the non euro torch model (I'll go for the euro version).

That's with 5 yr warranty on the transformer, inductor and rectifier

2 yr on everything else and 3 months on the gun. I'm in credit with BOC at the moment aswell and they're only a mile away.

I'm going to give it about a month before getting a new MIG so I thought I'd ask here first. Also BOC let you pop in and try anything out before you buy and generally give you a bit of a discount if you get on with their staff :-)

I upgraded my O/A gear from various makes all to BOC and was amazed how much difference it made so I'm a bit of a fan of theirs !

Jim

Reply to
Jim