Brazing Question

I'm trying to connect pieces of small brass together, would brazing be the best option? and if yes what filler metal should be used? Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks

Matt

Matthew W. Groeneveld Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Production Technology Class of 2006

Reply to
Matt Groeneveld

Sort of depends on a lot of things. Brazing brass tends to get towards "welding" rather quickly, though various sorts of brazing rod do melt well below brass. But you'll need to check the temperature for the rod you are using, or the whole thing may melt down on you.

If it's a low-stress sort of assembly that's being parked in the background of a stage set, plain old solder might do fine. If it will see more stress, brazing is a better idea.

Reply to
Ecnerwal

You don't say what they are or what it will be used for. I would use silver solder. Very strong. Lane

Reply to
Lane

Brazing,silver solder,or soft solder, depending on the strength required.

Reply to
KEN