can it be done "plasma cutter for welding"

i am asking this one because i wonder if it as been done

welding with a plasma cutter on thin sheet metal with a filler rod

like tig welding but using the plasma flare a the nozzle for heat source

i know its a dum question BUT i had to ask :)

Reply to
nanotech1

Not with a plasma cutter, but there are plasma welding systems that are more or less a cross between a plama cutter and a a TIG system.

Reply to
Footy

I have one, if anyone needs one. Works with any tig machine.

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

- John Stewart Mill

Reply to
Gunner

As I understand it the primary differences between PAW and PAC is the flow of the plasma gas, which in PAW might also be the shielding gas. Basically you would have to turn down the flow low enough to not blow the molten metal out of the weld (cut). Ahhh, that means different flow rates and patterns, so perhaps not the same torches. Yep, I think the power supply could double for it, but just about everything else is different.

Of course, I could be wrong or not have understood your question properly (-:

Reply to
2regburgess