Chrome bumper bolts

After getting bumper chromed I realised I forgot to get some bolts chromed too which would have cost me $0 extra at the time. Fix was to coat bolt heads with some hard silver brazing and sand and polish. Looks perfect. The sand and polish was easily accomplished by chucking the bolts in my drillpress. If I had it to do over I would have done a little sanding on the bolts before I brazed them.

Reply to
Jimmy

You can buy bumper bolts with stainless steel caps swaged over the heads.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Neat trick. I think you could have done the same thing with 312L (?) , and got yourself a nice stainless steel coating. Metalizing would make more sense, but you could weld it and then grind it down probably.

Reply to
Nefarious Pickle

those "store bought" bumper bolts (AutoZone) look real nice polished too.

Reply to
Abby Normal