Copper and Brass

Hello group,

I was wondering if you can braze or solder brass to copper?

The application is a round piece of 360 brass needs to be connected to a thin (.018 thick) piece of copper. It will act as a clamp, but holding power is very low.

The copper is Alloy 122 (Drinking "Potable" Water Copper Tubing) and the brass is 360 brass.

Any problems connecting 360 to 260 brass?

Also, I am looking for Alloy 122 copper with ID .87" with at least a .032" wall. Anyone know of any sources?

Thanks in Advance!

Durand

Reply to
ECQCB

SIlver solder would be my first choice.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Since 360 is already a high lead alloy, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't use normal solder.

Dave

Reply to
David A. Webb