EGAD!

Just drove to Kingman AZ yesterday and moved ex FIL back up here by us to
finish out his days. One hell of a welder. One of those who could weld two
aluminum cans together with a stick rod, whatever use that has in the real
world, I'm not sure. But a real welder who has built some incredible
things. We brought back two trailers full of "stuff" and he's give it all
to me, as he is now legally blind. We'll be building things in the shop,
though, probably birdhouses and mailboxes and the like. You know, important
stuff.
Anyhoo, he's got a helium cylinder he owns. Now I have another cylinder to
take to the supplier and see how they're going to treat me on these. At
least now I have three, and that's enough to make a trip and get these
settled once and for all. It's about four feet high and eight inches in
diameter, and if nothing else would make a great propane cannon for New
Years and Fourth of July.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
WHERE does it fit in ther attached table ?

Rudy
Sorry. My bad. It is 7" diameter and 48" overall. Could it be that it is by another manufacturer than Airgas? You don't think, do ya?
I am very sorry I used the word "about" and not the specific term "approximately."
And if you need, I can go throw a micrometer on it for diameter, and laser the length if it may help you.
But I just think I'll take this crop of unwanted toys to the dealer and see what they an do for me.
Gee, I hope they don't ask me how this fits ther (sic) attached table. I may just have to make a suggestion as to where I think it would fit.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
If you are measuring 47" to the base of the valve, it's likely a 125 cf high pressure cylinder.
SteveB wrote:
Reply to
Grant
I have a full T size bottle of Nitrogen I would swap if you are near Central California. I would like to play with some helium welding. I will probably just vent the nitrogen when i need my next fillup of O2.
Reply to
Stupendous Man
Ive got several He tanks I use for mig welding stainles steel. He/Co2/Argon actually. Expensive to fill..but works a treat when the metal is thicker than my welder can normally weld.
Gunner
'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' Theodore Ro osevelt 1907
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Ayup
'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' Theodore Ro osevelt 1907
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Need anymore? Ive got 3 of the Big ones stocked for use with my PCM-100..which Ive never gotten around to. Still need a torch for it.
[...]
You've never sent me your address (it got lost on a earlier computer) so I could send the one I've got boxed up.
Reply to
Wayne Cook
Was that you that had the torch? After the stroke...my memory got spotty as hell. Its much better now
Gunner 326 Olive Ave Taft, California, 93268
Got a good water pump for it? Last time I plugged it in, it showed a low water pressure alarm and wouldnt go into run mode.
'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' Theodore Ro osevelt 1907
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Might check the hoses or see if there is calcium build up in it. Add a bottle of CLR and circulate the pump water and when pumping good replace with clean water and pump it out - e.g. clean it out with water.
Martin
Gunner Asch wrote:
good faith
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
Hummm...good idea indeed! Ill fire the old beasty up and try it.
Thanks!!
Gunner
in good faith