Ernie's anvil

I was looking at this, spent 40 minutes reading the page and looking at all the beautiful pictures. What a great project, a true work of art.

Reply to
Ignoramus18654

--Crimmeny! Ernie you've got too much spare time!! ;-)

Reply to
steamer

That was a looooooonnnnnggggg time ago. It is the prettiest anvil I ever made.

I have had my 700 lb. "bridge" anvil project in limbo for 6 years. It needs many many hours of grinding and my back just can't do it any more. I will likely hire a student to rough out all the grinding. I got a short way into the hardfacing and discovered the wire had gotten humidified so I had lots of porosity. All that hardface needs to be ground out so I can redo it.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Ernie, what kind of rebound are you getting from it?

Reply to
Ignoramus3071

I remember when Ernie published it. Egad! That means we're all 10 years older! V

Reply to
Vernon

Once the 2 - 3 layers of hardfacing is complete you get a nice rebound from it.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler