ESAB MULTIMASTER 160 MIG TIG WELDER

I'm looking to up grade from a 120v Century MIG to something better for my home shop. At work I have been using a large green NATO issue machine to do TIG on aluminum castings, and a Miller 251 MIG for most other work. At home I'm doing mostly old car and bike restoration work. I prefer working with a TIG to MIG for the superior control of the weld puddle and in my hands much better looking welds, but sometimes being able to glue things together fast with a MIG is useful.

Is the ESAB MULTIMASTER 160 MIG TIG WELDER a machine I should consider for my application. I do have 220v in my shop already.

Thanks Doug

Reply to
douglasehamilton

Ernie or any one else have an opinion on the Esab multimaster. I've been lurking here for several years gleaning useful info and respect the opinions of many of the members of this list. Would the Esab multimaster be a good choice or can I get into a TIG inverter and a Reddywelder for around $1800.00.

Doug

snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca wrote:

douglasehamilton

I am very biased against ESAB as far as machines. Love their filler metals. They just take too many shortcuts as far as assembly. I do not know anything specific against the Multimaster.

temZ350082167060QQihZ022QQcategoryZ113743QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Thanks for the input I was hoping this might be a better choice than one of the Chinese import all in one machines.

Doug